We are a publishing startup focusing on publishing and lifting up the voices of writers from across the African Diaspora. We are looking for a virtual assistant for editorial, social media and general administrative tasks to join our team.
You will be able to work flexibly; each day you will be assigned tasks that need to be completed. Your responsibilities will cover social media management, writing, editing, proof-reading, agile project management and general administration. Specifically, the work will include:
– Helping to manage day-to-day editorial operations for our forthcoming publications
– Helping to manage day-to-day editorial operations for our blog
– Conducting research into Black/African literature, art and other topics
– Creating and curating content for our social media platforms
– Participating in planning meetings and working to make our processes agile and efficient
– Researching, curating and writing social media content as well as scheduling social media posts
– Preparing documentation for various aspects of the business and writing correspondence
This is an entry-level role, however we are particularly interested in hearing from applicants with the following qualifications:
– Strong knowledge of social media best practices, or be willing to learn
– An interest in literature and the arts
– Familiarity with TheJeli.com and our social media channels
– Willing to work evenings and weekends on a flexible schedule
– Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, African Literature or Black Literature preferred (although applicants with other Bachelor’s degrees should still apply)
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in gaining experience of agile working as well as working in a startup and the publishing industry.
The rate being offered is $100 per week. This is approximately equivalent to two full days of work, however, as indicated above, you will be working flexibly throughout the week.
If you are interested in this role please send a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.